Please send us your fundraising news and photos so we can thank you publicly and encourage others to get involved. If you are planning any fundraising, please do let us know.
Kick at the dark…
UCARE Advocate Jonathan Acott is tackling 6 challenges in 2017 for UCARE including a gruelling bike ride across the USA. More details to follow.
Epic Bike Ride
In February 2017, David Lee is planning on cycling 650 miles from Kochi to Chennai in Southern India with friends for UCARE because we’re one of his favourite charities.
An experimental day with Jackie Devereux
Introduction to bold, contemporary watercolours enhanced with ink
23rd March 2017, Weston on the Green Memorial Village Hall, 1000 – 1600 - Please arrive by 9.30
President of the Society of Graphic Fine Arts, Jackie Devereux has a beautiful, fresh and uplifting style of watercolours.
This bold, exciting approach to watercolour is a workshop aimed at all levels. In her initial demonstration, Jackie will introduce some classic working methods alongside the development of contemporary compositions and some surprising creative ways to cope with all that white paper!
Based loosely on simple floral subject matter, with the use of a bright but limited palette, we shall explore mark-making, colour mixing on the page, exciting rescue remedies, the addition of ink, and much more.
- A brush is supplied for each participant, some watercolour paper to get everyone started; enough watercolour paints to share with the group; kitchen rolls; ink and drawing implements and a selection of Jackie’s own favourite brushes for people to try during the day.
- Each person will take away the brush and specimen papers. The brush supplied at a special price by Rosemary Bruses, itself costs £12.50, and is a good quality starter Squirrel hair brush and this will be the only material cost to each participant. The starter paper will consist of two quarter imperial sheets of watercolour paper and some practice paper at no cost.
- The rest of the materials will be supplied for use during the day at no cost.
- Additional watercolour paper will be available for purchase @ 50p per quarter imperial sheet, or £1 per half imperial sheet.
The cost, which includes the above and lunch with tea and coffee is £75 per person. Because numbers are limited, we will require payment in full on booking.
- To book your place - which are limited - please contact UCARE on 01865 767777 or by email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
31st March 2017
Gemma Crane, UCARE’s Urological Cancer Awareness Nurse is organising another GP urological education and awareness day after the great success of the last event. These days are for updating GPs with the latest developments in urological cancer, offering talks from urologists and researchers about the latest developments in detection, treatment and research.
If you are a GP or a urological doctor and would like to join us on the 31st March at Radley please contact Gemma at email@example.com
Jonathan Moseley Floral Demonstration
17th May 2017
UCARE Ambassador, floral designer Jonathan Moseley is hosting a floral demonstration workshop for UCARE on May 17th 2017 at the beautiful Tythe Barn, Bicester.
More details to follow.
Henman UCARE charity golf day and auction
8th September 2017
Our annual Golf Day at Studley Wood will be on 8th September 2017.
The sign-up sheet for the 2017 day will be available in the spring.