Fundraising and volunteering
UCARE is a charity that depends on the kind support of your donations, our fundraisers, and fundraising volunteers to achieve our aims. If you have a particular skill, can spare some time to help, please contact us - an hour, a day, or a week - whatever you can spare.
Shop at Waitrose?
Nominate UCARE at your local Waitrose store for their green token Community Matters Scheme
Do you have a local Nisa or Costcutter store near you?
Making A Difference Locally is a charity that was launched to help independently-run local stores to add value in their communities through donations to local charities or good.
Over 2,000 stores nationwide, that are members of Nisa-Today's and Costcutter Supermarkets, participate in Making A Difference Locally - all of which display the Making A Difference Locally logo.
If you can nominate UCARE for the scheme please ask inside your local participating store, which will be identifiable by the Making A Difference Locally signage displayed in store. We can help you with the information they may need…
Other fundraising opportunities
- Join our new fundraising group.
- Organise a fundraising event or sponsored activity, and raise money to support our projects. Whether you want to run a marathon or organise a pub quiz, we are happy to discuss your fundraising ideas and support you as much as we can.
- Raise awareness of urological cancers and UCARE's work. Download our short promotional leaflet and share it with your friends, family, colleagues and wider community.
Download UCARE leaflet (pdf)
- Even though you think you may not be able to help, we all know at least one company, shop, local business or organisation with which we have a 'link' - loose though it may be. At the least, if ten UCARE members wrote letters asking for relatively small sums, their combined efforts could make a really valuable contribution to research and education.
How to write a letter to make an application for funding, donation, goods etc.
- UCARE Leaflet (pdf)
- UCARE Poster (pdf)
- How to set up a Justgiving fundraising page for UCARE (pdf)
- UCARE Sponsor forms (pdf)
- Paying-in forms to use when collecting cheques from your fundraising event (pdf)
- Blank notice sheet to use to advertise your event (pdf)
Planning some fundraising for UCARE?
We would love to hear from you if you are considering fundraising for UCARE and we hope that you will find this event checklist (pdf) useful in planning your event - these are just some questions you may need to ask to ensure your fundraising goes smoothly, but not all events require the same organisation.
Please do contact UCARE if you need any further advice or help 01865 767777. See if we can help by advertising on our web site.